How would you like to learn the one habit you need to be successful? As a visionary, it's important for you to identify the one thing you need above all else to experience the kind of success that will leave you feeling deeply fulfilled. Without this one thing, you will till and toil without seeing any of the benefits of your labor. Without this one thing, you can positively affirm and visualize until steam comes out of your ears, but all of your dreams will elude you.
The one thing you need to succeed above all else is an "attitude of gratitude."
If that sounds painfully simple, just think of how many times you've given thanks today. It is probably not as many times as you could have! We tend to take so much for granted such as our able bodies, the people in our lives, the circumstances we are in etc. Sure, maybe things could be better, but they also could be a whole lot worse! Not to mention, if you're unable to recognize the levels of success you're currently experiencing, the feeling of deep fulfillment will continue to elude you. So thank your lucky stars and revel in all of the good that is happening in your life right now.
4 Reasons Why an Attitude of Gratitude Is Important
1. What You Focus On You Attract
Michael Beckwith says in the movie The Secret, "Energy flows where attention goes." When you focus on the negative, on what is wrong, broken or flawed, you bring more of that into your awareness and experience. When you focus and dwell on what is right and good in your world, you will bring more of that into you experience.
Please note, this does not mean that unfavorable things will stop occurring, rather, an attitude of gratitude gives you the opportunity to see challenging situations in a new light.
2. The Universe Responds Favorably
When you give thanks, you are acknowledging that Higher Power that makes it all possible. You can call it God, Source, Creator, The Universe, or whatever you like, just make sure you call it and say, "Thank you!"
When you acknowledge that you are abundantly blessed you will begin receiving more and more blessings. If you feel like you're currently having a tough time, think of the little things in your life that you can be grateful for right now.
3. Your Perspective Changes
Perspective controls everything. When you're in love, the birds sing, the sun shines and you see rainbows everywhere. When you are fighting with that same loved one, the birds become a noisy nuisance, the sun hurts your eyes and you only see rain and not rainbows. It's all about perspective. This idea is supported by Anais Nin who says, "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are," meaning our perspective and outlook on the world affects exactly what we experience.
That means, when you are maintaining an attitude of gratitude, you give thanks for your current circumstance. You don't see a room full of clutter, instead you are thankful for the abundance of items. You don't pinch your love handles and groan, you give thanks for an abundance of food. Again, this is not an invitation to operate in a delusional state, rather it's creating the opportunity to begin viewing your world in a more holistic manner. It also doesn't mean stay in a place of complacency, but instead allows you to feel good where you are right now, so that you can continue to create a better situation for yourself in the future.
4. Your Mind Starts to Dwell in Possibility
Once you get the hang of it, you will begin seeing the shiny side of many different situations. You will begin dwelling in possibility and that is when the world of magic opens up to you. You're no longer focusing on what can go wrong, you are focusing on what can be. When you get into this space, get ready to be shocked and awed at what miracles await you!
5 Simple Ways to Start Getting Into the Attitude of Gratitude Groove!
1. Create a gratitude journal and write down your thoughts when you think of various things that fill you with gratitude.
2. As you drift off to sleep, make a mental list of 10 things that you are thankful for.
3. Whether things are going good or bad, put on your favorite tunes and have a "praise dance" session to drum up all the good feelings and gratitude you can possibly muster to get those good vibrations flowing.
4. When you wake up say, "thank you" out loud for 10 things in your life that you are grateful for.
5. Contact the people in your life who have had a positive impact on you and let them know you appreciate them. You'll make their day and you'll create a ripple effect of gratitude throughout the world.
He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which has. -- Epictetus
• How are you going to start living with an attitude of gratitude today?
• Can you add anything to the list of how to get into the attitude of gratitude groove?
• Have you seen gratitude change your life? Let me know in comments below.