If your New Year's resolution involves getting (or staying) in shape, this month's top 10 songs provide a variety of ways to help you make good on your word. Moreover, the list provides an excellent link between this year and last, as it's evenly split between remixes of 2015 hits and new tracks for 2016.
On the remix front, you'll find updated versions of chart favorites from Demi Lovato, Taylor Swift, and The Weeknd. In the new music department, Twenty One Pilots are the only band to make the cut, Zara Larsson conjures the vibe of an early Rihanna track, and David Guetta collaborates with Sia and Fetty Wap. In with the fresh and familiar tracks, you'll find two tunes that could fit in either category: one from Sigala (which borrows its hook from a Jackson 5 smash) and one from Diplo and Sleepy Tom (which uses elements of Jade's 1992 hit "Don't Walk Away).
In the same way the playlist bridges the musical past and the present, it can also serve as a bridge between the person you were in 2015 and the person you resolved to become in 2016. So, when you're ready to for some inspiration, here's the full list -- according to the votes logged on workout music site Run Hundred.
- Twenty One Pilots - "Heavydirtysoul" - 130 BPM
- Zara Larsson - "Lush Life" - 99 BPM
- The Chainsmokers & ROZES - "Roses (The Him Remix)" - 122 BPM
- Diplo & Sleepy Tom - "Be Right There" - 126 BPM
- Sigala - "Easy Love" - 124 BPM
- Taylor Swift - "Wildest Dreams (R3HAB Remix)" - 130 BPM
- The Weeknd - "The Hills (Daniel Ennis Remix)" - 126 BPM
- David Guetta, Sia & Fetty Wap - "Bang My Head" - 108 BPM
- Selena Gomez & Borgore - "Same Old Love (Borgore Remix)" - 110 BPM
- Demi Lovato - "Confident (The Alias Remix)" - 130 BPM
Check out this month's top 10 workout songs on Run Hundred: www.RunHundred.com.
For more by Chris Lawhorn, click here.
For more from HuffPost Workouts, click here.
Also on HuffPost: