The summer possesses a strange magic that allows it to draw pop songs out of the woodwork--even from acts that aren't necessarily pop acts. Even if the season itself isn't pulling the strings, music lovers are definitely gravitating to big choruses from a variety of sources. In this playlist, we recap the best of those for working out in June.
Justin Timberlake's new single--from the Trolls movie--is the single most popular song in the gym right now (and an early contender for song of the summer). Elsewhere on the conventional pop front, you'll find a blast of sass from Meghan Trainor and a slow, but feisty number from Pink. Beyond the Top 40, there's a comeback track from pop punk favorites Good Charlotte and an indelible melody from Swedish trio Peter, Bjorn & John. Taken as a whole, the list features an unreasonable number of memorable hooks. So, when you need an instant boost for your summer workout sessions, here are the month's top tunes--according to the votes logged on workout music site Run Hundred.
- Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling - 113 BPM
- Calvin Harris & Rihanna - This Is What You Came For - 124 BPM
- Pink - Just Like Fire - 82 BPM
- Meghan Trainor - Me Too - 124 BPM
- Zayn - Like I Would - 113 BPM
- Alan Walker - Faded - 90 BPM
- Peter, Bjorn & John - What You Talking About - 127 BPM
- Good Charlotte - 40 oz. Dream - 112 BPM
- BRKLYN & Mariah McManus - Can't Get Enough - 129 BPM
- Nick Jonas & Tove Lo - Close (Dan E Radio Edit) - 125 BPM
Check out this month's top 10 workout songs on Run Hundred: www.RunHundred.com.
For more by Chris Lawhorn, click here.
For more from HuffPost Workouts, click here.
Also on HuffPost: