The people over at Pinterest recently determined what's hot in the world of weddings for 2016 by looking at the volume of weddings-related searches on the site and some of the top trending wedding pins. Here's what they concluded are among the top trends of the year:
1. Unplugged ceremonies. The site has seen a 600 percent increase in pins saved on this topic.
2. Mismatched bridesmaid dresses. Searches are up 50 percent.
3. Food trucks. Searches are up 30 percent this year.
4. Honeymoon funds. Searches are up 200 percent this year.
5. Toss bars -- such as confetti, glitter or popcorn. Pinterest has seen a 30 percent increase in the number of pins saved on this topic.
6. Circular ceremony seating. Searches are up 80 percent this year.