In 1990, Anjelica Huston went on a mission to terrify children with her purple eyes, square toes and horrifying witch convention. Twenty-three years later, "The Witches" remains the best Halloween movie of all time. Here's why.
1. It's based on a Roald Dahl book, meaning it's the perfect combination of creepy and "suitable for children."
2. Instead of broomsticks and pointy hats, these witches are bald with purple eyes and square toes.
3. Mr. Bean is in it, which is equal parts weird and great.
4. Thanks to an angry witch, Luke's grandma only has four fingers.
5. By the way, bald witch conventions are absolutely terrifying.
6. There are a lot of rats (that used to be children) in food.
7. And a very evil black cat.
8. Anjelica Huston kills babies in her spare time ...
9. ... When she isn't turning poor Luke into a mouse!
10. In her disguise, Anjelica Huston looks like this.
11. And without it, she looks like THIS.
Not convinced yet? Watch it here. You know you want to.