While fielding groan-worthy questions like "Do you wear leather?", there are a few truths vegetarians undoubtedly come to know. We asked our Facebook fans and Twitter followers to weigh in on what only non-meat-eaters understand. Here are some of our favorites.
If you're a vegetarian, you know...
1. How annoying "You can just pick out the meat!" is. --Meg Gregory
2. That a salad isn't (always) a meal. We like to eat a main course, too! --Sho Biz
4. That just because you don't eat meat doesn't mean you're pretentious. --Ann Wilmot-Santana
5. That not eating meat also includes the gravy and the stuffing cooked inside the bird. --Nikken Popovich
6. It's a lifestyle, not a fad. --Sayrae Pink
7. Protein doesn't have to have a face! --Phyllis Batson
8. How annoying it is to tell someone you are a vegetarian, and immediately be asked, "So, do you still eat chicken?" --Bobby Sowerbrower
9. How to cook tofu and actually make it taste good. --Mary Swanson
10. The smell of BBQ can be drool-worthy and disgusting at the same time. --Kerry Cragin
What would you add to the list? Tell us in the comments below!