By Phil Mutz, writer at LittleThings
It might sound surprising, but one of my favorite ways to spice up an old recipe is by using breakfast cereal.
But it never dawned on me to try branching out from sweet cereal recipes into the more savory category.
As someone who loves fried chicken almost as much as I love cereal, I was so excited to spot this recipe that combines the two.
This exclusive video shows just how simple it is to put the perfect twist on a traditional dish with yummy corn flake fried chicken.
And this recipe is perfect for someone like me who doesn't want to spend hours in the kitchen preparing a tasty dinner dish.
Check out this unique recipe below, and then watch the video to see the corn flake fried chicken process in action!
Cook: 10 minutes | Prep: 10 minutes | Serves: 2
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In mixing bowl, combine milk and eggs.
- Crush corn flakes, and combine with cayenne and 1 tsp. salt in separate mixing bowl.
- Pound chicken to uniform thickness.
- Dip chicken in egg batter and corn flake mix.
- Fry chicken in a stovetop frying pan.
- Serve and enjoy!