Commentator Tomi Lahren’s time is apparently up at TheBlaze, according to a new report from the New York Post’s “Page Six.”
Glenn Beck’s network suspended the 24-year-old Lahren’s show, “Tomi,” last week after she called anti-abortion conservatives “hypocrites.”
“I’m pro-choice,” Lahren said during an interview on “The View” earlier this month, “and here’s why: I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government but I think that the government should decide what women should do with their bodies.”
The suspension was reportedly supposed to last one week, but “Page Six” writer Richard Johnson said unnamed sources told him that Lahren’s show was permanently banned.
“Glenn is reminding the world of his conservative principles by sidelining Tomi after she insulted conservatives by calling them hypocrites,” the source said, according to Johnson. “He just couldn’t sit by and watch as Tomi Lahren said there’s no way for conservatives to justify anything other than being pro-choice.”
After her “View” appearance and the backlash from conservatives that ensued, Lahren tweeted that she would “never apologize.”
Beck then spoke out against Lahren’s sentiment on his radio show.
“I would disagree that you’re a hypocrite if you want limited government and yet you want the government to protect life of the unborn. It’s very, very clear,” he said. “But it takes intellectual honesty, and it takes a willingness to actually think these things through and to do more than just read Twitter or Facebook to get your news and your political opinions.”
Reps for Lahren and Beck were not immediately available for comment, but Lahren, who has been criticized for her vitriolic rhetoric since joining TheBlaze in 2015, shared a photo on Instagram on Sunday about being a warrior.