Well, not just the end of the world. We also talk about Dan's conspiracy theory involving technology and aliens, the psychological torment that Jacqueline goes through whenever she picks up a dented can at the supermarket, how comedy is like alchemy and why all good jokes are inherently a little rude.
- Why Dan has a machete in his closet and plans to walk to Colorado.
- The pros and cons of being a blogger or comedian (ahem) during the apocalypse and why we should be envious of the gun-toting, bunker-building people we make fun of.
- A conspiracy theory that human technology and civilization is all part of an alien race's experiment gone wrong.
- The shelf-life of a joke and how comics get genuine laughter vs. self-righteous applause.
- "I want to shit on what you think is special, because to me, that's what's funny. That's what I can accomplish: taking your cherished little thing, and saying 'Fuck that! It's dumb -- and here's something funny to back up that thought process." - Dan Soder
- "I get uncomfortable when everyone agrees, even if I agree with it. There's something a little gross about the sense of belonging via agreeing" - Jacqueline Novak
- "Good jokes are always inherently a little rude" - Dan Soder
- "Comedy is alchemy" - Jacqueline Novak
- Why it's suspicious to a comedian if an entire room is laughing and no one is sitting with their arms crossed.
- Musings on such dark and literary-sounding phrases as, "A punch that felt like a kiss" and "The roses paid the price."
BEFORE YOU GO
How to vote
Vote-by-mail ballot request deadline: Varies by state
For the Nov 3 election: States are making it easier for citizens to vote absentee by mail this year due to the coronavirus. Each state has its own rules for mail-in absentee voting. Visit your state election office website to find out if you can vote by mail.Get more information
In-person early voting dates: Varies by state
Sometimes circumstances make it hard or impossible for you to vote on Election Day. But your state may let you vote during a designated early voting period. You don't need an excuse to vote early. Visit your state election office website to find out whether they offer early voting.My Election Office
General Election: Nov 3, 2020
Polling hours on Election Day: Varies by state/localityMy Polling Place