YouTube is full of Hooters-esque models (barely) in bikinis doing yoga. But unless you're a 12-year-old boy, it's best to scratch the surface... and when you do you'll find thousands of years of knowledge at the tip of your clickety click mousepad.
Did I forget any wonderful yoga videos? If so, comment below with the YouTube link and I'll put 'em in if they're better than something in here (especially one of my early, yappy interviews from our lil'elevision talk show--I've since learned to shut up once in awhile).
The lovely, kick-butt Jersey girl, generous, wise-beyond-her-years yoga diva Seane Corn.
1. Daft Yoga. It's cute, it's fun, it's...a kinda embarrassing imitation of the originals. Whatever.
2. Anusara with Bridget Woods Kramer...mmmm...nice voice...
3. The master,
, in this oldy goody classic:
4. Another old Freeman, stand back ladies:
5. More Freeman, too good not to include:
6. Patricia Walden, in a onesie, looking verrry early 90s.
7. Call me biased, but Elena Brower of Vira Yoga with our video man Alex's cut...is pure perfection.
8. Our interview with Seane Corn, the one the only the amazing the charming the real:
9. More Seane:
10. A million viewers can't be wrong:
has a practical, bite-size series of yoga for
, yoga for the office, yoga for sex, yoga for stress, yoga for waking up...
14. Everyone loves
15. Finally, lovely-inside-and-out yoga diva
16. We've covered this before, but here's Krishnamacharya, granddaddy of modern yoga, in 1938:
17. Pattabhi Jois, venerable founder of Ashtanga yoga:
18. A youthful BKS Iyengar:
19. We've covered this before, love it: Enlighten Up! with elephriend Nick Rosen.
20. For dessert,
, leading the pack with 2 mill views:
The above expanded from the original rough version at elephantjournaldotcom.