Here are the top 13 reasons why
in their 11,000-seat arena to watch today's GOP presidential debate at the University of Colorado at Boulder (and giving CU students just 150 tickets).
- Republicans are taking a stand against Ticketmaster price gouging with convenience fees.
- The empty arena enhances echoes in the chamber.
- GOP debate attendee positions were outsourced to China.
- Civic engagement is "bad for business."
- "When YOU organize and host YOUR nationally televised debate, then YOU can restrict attendance according to YOUR rules!!"
- Republicans finally decided to give up on the youth vote.
- They're worried an undocumented immigrant might sneak in and rape Donald Trump in a drug-fueled crime rampage.
- They're worried anyone from Boulder will get in.
- Because Republicans prefer distractions arising from their own mishandling of a national televised debate, over the potential distractions arising from civically engaged students who might attend.
- Republicans: "Our target demographic is little more 'Martini,' and a lot less 'MJ.'"
- Restrict supply, create demand - exclusivity is our brand (that rhymes).
- Koch brothers have secretly purchased 10,000 tickets.
- They need 10,000 seats to hold Trump's ego.
Calling all HuffPost superfans!
Sign up for membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost's next chapter