The average price of a best-seller jumps up this week on the Digital Book World Ebook Best-Seller List, from $6.89 to to $8.05.
Higher priced ebooks seem to be contributing to the rise. Whereas last week just four titles had price-tags greater than $10, now there are eight.
Even so, there's little to indicate the return of agency ebook pricing at Macmillan, Hachette and Simon & Schuster is behind the uptick. In fact, there hasn't been much evidence of the model impacting best-sellers since it began taking effect early last month.
Just two titles within the top 25 appear on Amazon with the label, "This price was set by the publisher."
The top ten best-selling ebooks of the week ending February 14:
1. The Girl on the Train: A Novel by Paula Hawkins (Penguin Random House) -- $8.99
2. Obsession in Death by J. D. Robb (Penguin Random House) -- $10.49
3. Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy Book 3) by E L James (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
4. Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James (Penguin Random House) -- $2.99
5. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
6. American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History by Chris Kyle; Scott McEwen; Jim DeFelice (HarperCollins) -- $5.86
7. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (Penguin Random House) -- $3.99
8. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (Simon & Schuster) -- $11.99
9. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (HarperCollins) -- $3.99
10. Memory Man by David Baldacci (Hachette) -- $10.12
See the rest of the top 25 best-selling ebooks this week.