The slight rise in the average price of a best-seller on this week's Digital Book World Ebook Best-Seller List isn't attributable to HarperCollins going back to setting its own ebook prices, upon signing a new Amazon deal this week. The effects of the switch won't register until next week.
But since there's been a steady uptick in prices over recent weeks anyway, it's likely the next top-25 roundup will see that spike continue as a result of the change. HarperCollins is now the fourth Big Five publisher to regain the agency model of ebook pricing in the past six months.
Meanwhile, The Girl on the Train shows no signs of loosening its grip on the top spot, which it's held now for eleven weeks and counting.
The top ten best-selling ebooks of the week ending April 11:
1. The Girl on the Train: A Novel by Paula Hawkins (Penguin Random House) -- $6.99
2. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks (Hachette) -- $5.39
3. The Stranger by Harlan Coben (Penguin Random House) -- $10.99
4. Outlander: A Novel by Diana Gabaldon (Penguin Random House) -- $1.99
5. NYPD Red 3 by James Patterson; Marshall Karp (Hachette) -- $9.99
6. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah (Macmillan) -- $12.99
7. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (Simon & Schuster) -- $12.99
8. Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson (Penguin Random House) -- $10.99
9. The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty (Penguin Random House) -- $6.50
10. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $3.58
See the rest of the top 25 best-selling ebooks this week.