As the holiday shopping season kicks into high gear, some of the past year's top titles are making renewed appearances on the Digital Book World Ebook Best-Seller List.
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, two best-selling ebooks tied to a popular television series and a movie, respectively, both made strong showings in 2014 but haven't appeared on the list for several weeks. Now they're back, both priced appealingly at just $2.99 each.
As a matter of fact, the average price of a best-selling ebook dipped overall, down to $5.68 from $7.21 last week.
In the meantime, Hachette ebooks held onto the momentum they picked up last week, the first after the publisher returned to normal trading with Amazon under a new contract. Hachette now finds three of its titles within the top ten, up from two last week.
The top ten best-selling ebooks of the week ending November 29:
1. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $2.99
2. Gray Mountain: A Novel by John Grisham (Penguin Random House) -- $3.25
3. Hope to Die (Alex Cross Book 22) by James Patterson (Hachette) -- $9.99
4. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand (Penguin Random House) -- $2.99
5. The Burning Room (A Harry Bosch Novel Book 19) by Michael Connelly (Hachette) -- $3.99
6. The Escape (John Puller Book 3) by David Baldacci (Hachette) -- $10.99
7. Captivated by You (Crossfire Book 4) by Sylvia Day (Penguin Random House) -- $7.99
8. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (Penguin Random House) -- $3.99
9. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (Simon & Schuster) -- $6.99
10. Dark Places: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $2.99
See the rest of the top 25 best-selling ebooks this week.