If I Stay's five-week run at the top of the Digital Book World Ebook Best-Seller List has come to an end.
But Penguin Random House's formidable presence on the rankings hasn't. The title that jumped six spots this week to unseat Gayle Forman's novel is Personal: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child, and it, too, is published by Penguin Random House.
The publisher's dominance when it comes to best-selling ebooks is nothing new. But the strong performance of higher-priced titles on this week's list is worth remarking. Personal's $11.84 price-tag didn't stop it from blowing past If I Stay, at $4.99. There are two other titles over the $10-mark within the top five, too.
That's something publishers, authors, and readers should keep an eye on--especially since lowering ebook prices is one of Amazon's stated objectives in its standoff with Hachette.
Here are the top ten best-selling ebooks for the week of September 9:
1. Personal: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child (Penguin Random House) -- 11.84
2. If I Stay by Gayle Forman (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
3. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (Penguin Random House) -- $10.99
4. Outlander: A Novel by Diana Gabaldon (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
5. Mean Streak by Sandra Brown (Hachette) -- 12.99
6. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $7.99
7. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
8. The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Penguin Random House) -- $5.99
9. Where She Went (If I Stay Book 2) by Gayle Forman (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
10. The Goldfinch: A Novel (Pulitzer Prize for Fiction) by Donna Tartt (Hachette) -- $6.99
See the rest of the top 25 best-selling ebooks this week.