The impact of media tie-ins on best-selling ebooks makes its presence felt even more strongly this week.
Just ahead of the release of a David Fincher-directed adaptation of Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn's novel slides into the No. 1 spot on the Digital Book World Ebook Best-Seller List.
In fact, twelve of the top 25 titles this week are connected to a popular movie or TV series. That's just shy of half the list.
The top ten best-selling ebooks for the week ending September 20:
1. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $7.99
2. Edge of Eternity (Century Trilogy Book 1) by Ken Follett (Penguin Random House) -- $11.99
3. Personal: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child (Penguin Random House) -- $10.99
4. The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Penguin Random House) -- $5.99
5. Outlander: A Novel by Diana Gabaldon (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
6. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (Penguin Random House) -- $10.99
7. Captivated by You (Crossfire Book 4) by Sylvia Day (Penguin Random House) -- $7.99
8. If I Stay by Gayle Forman (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
9. Mean Streak by Sandra Brown (Hachette) -- 12.99
10. An Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff; Alex Tresniowski (Simon & Schuster) -- $1.99
See the rest of the top 25 best-selling ebooks this week.