Hachette has had a hard time widening its impact on the Digital Book World Ebook Best-Seller List lately.
The publisher's standoff with Amazon no less than steep competition from Penguin Random House have both contributed to making Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch something of an outlier in recent weeks when it comes to ebook best-sellers.
Even though Tartt's novel drops off the list this week, Hachette makes a somewhat stronger showing than they have in some time, with two titles of its titles landing within the top ten.
A self-published title by best-selling author Penelope Ward nabs the No. 2 spot as the average price of a best-selling ebook climbs again this week, from $7.57 to $7.74.
The top ten best-selling ebooks for the week ending October 4:
1. Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn (Penguin Random House) -- $7.99
2. Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward (Self-published) -- $2.99
3. Outlander: A Novel by Diana Gabaldon (Penguin Random House) -- $4.99
4. Gray Mountain: A Novel by John Grisham (Penguin Random House) -- $11.99
5. Killing Patton: The Strange Death of World War II's Most Audacious General by Bill O'Reilly; Martin Dugard (Macmillan) -- $9.99
6. Burn (Michael Bennett Book 7) by James Patterson; Michael Ledwidge (Hachette) -- $9.99
7. Personal: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child (Penguin Random House) -- $10.99
8. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks (Hachette) -- $4.79
9. The Maze Runner by James Dashner (Penguin Random House) -- $5.72
10. Captivated by You (Crossfire Book 4) by Sylvia Day (Penguin Random House) -- $7.99
See the rest of the top 25 best-selling ebooks this week.