Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial start to summer, and the time of year when most people take their vacation. And, as if planning your trip isn't hard enough, you also need to consider packing. Though bringing a bikini and sunscreen is simple enough, what to wear while you're on a plane is a bit more of a challenge.
This year we've rounded up some key pieces to consider while you're jetting around. Whether you're traveling by boat, train, plane or automobile, we've got some great and practical suggestions for you -- just don't forget your passport, please.
1. Boyfriend jeans. Not only are boyfriend jeans extremely comfortable, but once you arrive at your destination, they can be easily dressed up with a pair of heels.
Nasty Gal Ex Boyfriend Jean/ Citizens of Humanity Dylan Boyfriend Jeans/ Current/Elliott Destroyed Boyfriend Jeans
2. Jumpsuits. This is one garment you don't need to worry about matching your top to your bottoms. Plus, it's a great layering piece and insanely cute.
ￃﾉtoile Isabel Marant Seth Jumpsuit/Burning Torch Mayport Jumpsuit/Line & Dot Open-Back Jumpsuit/Nanette Lepore Music Box Jumpsuit
3. Sneakers. When you're traveling (and running to catch a flight), you want shoes that are easy to move in. Sneakers are a practical and fashionable option -- and if you're looking to add a little height, opt for a pair with a wedge.
Nike Lace Up High Top Sneaker Wedges- Women's Dunk Sky Hi Mesh/Keds Rookie Perf Laceless/Superga Cotu Classic Sneakers
4. Cute socks. Even if you plan on wearing sandals while you're traveling, make sure you bring a pair of socks with you. Planes are so chilly, and it's nice to keep your toes toasty!
Topshop Hot Pink Lace Trim Ankle Socks/Happy Socks Leopard Sock/Kate Spade Gingham Check Crew Socks/Hot Sox: Women's Solid Trouser Socks/Mango Polka-Dots Sheer Socks/Modcloth Refreshing Jaunt Socks
5. Cozy sweaters. Even when you're traveling in the summer, a sweater is a good idea to ensure that you're always comfortable.
J.Crew Collection Cashmere Tippi Sweater/A.L.C. Senko Sweater/Club Monaco Cory Striped Sweater
Celebs who travel in style: