If you were born between 1980 and 2000, you are one of the Millennial Generation. It is likely that you will not want the traditional white wedding, but you will want to create your own special marriage celebration.
In my experience as a wedding celebrant, here are 7 key traits I have learned this year that feature in Millennial marriages, choices of vows, readings and symbolic exchanges.
1. Authentic Millennials are true to themselves and are not afraid to ask for what they want in their wedding ceremony.
2. Team players In their partnership, they like to give and receive support, achieve common goals and encourage each others' individual goals
3. Open communications They feel free to express their views and opinions, and listen to their loved one. They are frank and honest with each other.
4. Live their dream life Their parents may have done personal development training. They are living their purpose, and finding meaning in life.
5. Dare to live their vocations They are less willing to be driven up a career ladder, more willing find and follow their own North Star, and may fulfil several vocations in a working life. They do not talk work-life balance. They live it.
6. Only marry when the time is right for them They are less subject to external pressures to conform to the traditions of their families.
7. Free spirit Millennials dare to be different, and they have the confidence to carry it off.
For more information on exclusive destination wedding ceremonies around the globe, go to: Weddingceremonies@mac.com