The late night show announced the “good news” on Monday night with a supercut recapping some of the president’s go-to scapegoats. These include the Obama administration, the World Health Organization, assorted state governors and China.
In reality, experts and critics say, the administration’s delayed and inept response to the pandemic was largely due to Trump’s own downplaying of the virus to avoid hurting the stock market and his reelection efforts. He also ignored warnings from his own intelligence and health experts and failed to prepare the government for the outbreak.
Watch “The Daily Show” roundup of Trump’s blame game below:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Can someone outside of your household quarantine with you now?
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.