President Donald Trump on Saturday used an executive order and other executive actions to sidestep Congress on coronavirus relief, sparking an outcry from both sides of the aisle and threats of legal action.
The move was also inconsistent with the president’s own comments on executive orders.
When Barack Obama was president, Trump ― and other Republicans ― railed against executive orders. Rolling Stone’s Peter Wade put together a supercut of Trump condemning the very action he himself is now taking:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.