But he isn’t always quite as generous toward protesters.
“The Daily Show” put together a supercut video comparing Carlson’s praise for armed right-wingers who stormed the Michigan State Capitol to how he slammed pro-union protesters in 2011 who shouted in the capital in Wisconsin.
He thanked the Michigan protesters for “exercising your constitutionally protected rights.”
But in 2011, he slammed the Wisconsin group.
“Pro-union protesters scream like children,” he said. “Why doesn’t the left make its case, win the voters of Wisconsin to its side, rather than resorting to tactics that really are contemptible.”
See the side-by-side comparison from “The Daily Show” below:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- Will there be a second stimulus check?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here's what you need to know.
- Why it takes so long to make a coronavirus vaccine
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.