Tuna pasta will bring the flavors of the Mediterranean Sea to your table with capers, juicy cherry tomatoes and a splash of sea salt.
Watch the Tuna Pasta video recipe:
350g marinated tuna
500g mezze maniche pasta (Or Rigatoni if you can't find these)
60g fresh capers
1 x clove of garlic
10-12 cherry tomatoes
Fresh parsley (chopped)
Medium fry pan
1. Boil 5L water in a large pot.
2. Finely chop a clove of garlic for your tuna pasta.
3. Heat the saucepan then add a generous drizzle of EVOO.
4. Once the oil has begun to warm, add the garlic then stir while it simmers on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the marinated tuna to the saucepan.
6. Cook the tuna around ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Add a glass of dry white wine and stir through once again.
8. Let the wine evaporate and in the meantime, cut the cherry tomatoes into 2-3 pieces (depending on the size).
9. Once there is just a small amount of liquid left, add the capers and cherry tomatoes.
10. After a minute or so, you will smell the flavours of the sea and your tuna pasta is almost ready!
11. Once the water has boiled, add the sea salt and stir it through and then the pasta (dependent on packet cooking instructions - best served al dente!).
12. By now the tuna mixture should begin to cook through which means it's time to squeeze in half a lemon.
13. Stir well and let simmer on low for a few minutes.
14. Add a generous bunch of fresh parsley (chopped) and mix once again before sprinkling in a pinch of sea salt.
15. By now, your pasta should have boiled. Strain it well and add it to the saucepan with the tuna mixture.
How to serve
Stir the tuna through the pasta until it is completely smothered and bursting with colour! Sprinkle a small amount of fresh parsley over the top and serve immediately - this tuna pasta dish is best served hot.
Vincenzo's Plate Tip: If the pasta is a little dry once served, drizzle a small amount of EVOO over the top.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo's Platehttp://www.vincenzosplate.com/...Enjoy!
This Tuna Pasta would go very well with this amazing Smoked Salmon Salad