“These are the faces of some of the victims,” the newspaper wrote on its cover under the photographs of 100 people killed by COVID-19.
Beneath, a graphic showed the staggering scale of the contagion’s death toll.
CNN’s Brian Stelter shared the cover image on Twitter late Tuesday.
The New York Times similarly highlighted the grim landmark with its Sunday front page, which it filled with the names of people who had died:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.