It's been a full rotational journey around the sun since the last time we had to ask ourselves, "Are we in a relationship?" The answer, as the Snapchatting, Facebook-updating, Tinder-swiping generation knows, is always more complicated than it may seem. Because emojis!
Anyway, for those who are so inclined, it's time to start thinking about what kind of romantic gesture you're going to make for your significant other/casual hookup/Twitter crush/long-distance pen pal.
Here are 21 cards for the relationship definition crises of our lives.
1. When you're all right (no more, no less) with the way things are going.
2. When you're trying to take your relationship to the next level.
3. When you've been dreaming of happily ever afters with your darling Tinderella.
4. When both of you have settled for settling.
5. When you're always split between watching trash TV and the classics ...
6. But you couldn't think of a better binge-watching companion.
7. When you meet your OK Cupid crush IRL.
8. When you're both at your honest best from behind a screen.
9. When you want to say how you feel ...
10. But some words are too strong ...
11. And you're running out of alternatives.
12. When your SO understands how you hate being smothered.
13. When you're trying to avoid coming on too strong.
14. When you're really happy to have someone who will listen to you talk about that weird dream you had last night.
15. When you're just not entirely sure what you want out of a relationship but you don't want to totally ignore the significance of February 14.
16. When you've come to accept their weaknesses and appreciate their strengths.
17. When you have other priorities, too, but your SO totally gets it.
18. When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month or even your year.
19. When you're with someone who uses the phrase "Hallmark holiday."
20. When you've had dinner reservations for a month like it's no big deal.
21. When you're dating a guy named Juan.
Definite articles are high praise. [Link]