There's no feeling in the world quite like discovering a crumpled up 20 dollar bill in your coat pocket. While we can think of numerous ways to spend it fast (e.g. the sale rack at Zara or Thai food takeout), we can always get our money's worth at Walgreens.
The American pharmacy has a plethora of affordable beauty products that tackle our everyday makeup, skincare and hairstyling needs. And with one on practically every corner in major cities across the U.S., we can dip in at just about any hour to re-up on lip balm or hair ties.
After shopping this drugstore strategically for some time now, we were able to scope out 13 of the best Walgreens beauty buys for under $20.
1. e.l.f Studio Stipple Brush, $3. At just three bucks, this makeup brush, which works to give you an airbrushed finish, is an unbelievable bargain. Stock up! 2. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush Peach Satin, $8. Add a subtle pop of color to your cheeks (or build until it's super bright) by smoothing on this powder-to-gel blush.
3. Wet N Wild Mega Shield Lip Color SPF 15 Birthday Suit, $2. We promise that this nude lipstick will be the best two dollars you spend at Walgreens.
4. Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Hair Repair Cream, $5. Natural hair girls swear by this rich leave-in to help restore hydration to their curly hair. This writer also recommends using it as a styling agent for two-strand twists and braid outs.
5. Every Man Jack Body Wash and Shower Gel Signature Mint, $6. Your guy might not admit that he really loves this cool mint body wash, but that won't stop him from lathering up with it.
6. Desert Essence Pure Jojoba Oil, $10. This 100 percent jojoba oil is safe enough to use from head to toe. Restore shine to your dry hair, hydrate rough hands and heels and remove stubborn eye makeup with just a few drops.
7. L'Oreal Paris Magic Perfecting Base Face Primer Cream, $12. This moisturizing face primer helps to create a smooth and even base so your makeup can go on flawlessly.
8. Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Overnight Revitalizing Eye Balm, $15. This pharmacy brand eye cream stands up against pricier options thanks to firming ingredients like biotin, peptides and ginseng.
9. Revlon Slant Tip Expert Tweezer, $7. All of your brow pencils and shadows are null and void unless you lay the foundation by grooming your eyebrows with a pair of tweezers that are aligned to perfection.
10. Jergens Original Scent Cherry-Almond Moisturizer, $7. Who doesn't love a luxurious body cream? This drugstore classic with it's intoxicatingly sweet smell does wonders for our dry, ashy skin.
11. MyChelle Sun Shield SPF 28 Coconut, $20. This full-spectrum sunscreen is free of harsh chemicals but formulated with titanium dioxide, aloe and vitamin E to help protect your skin from UV rays. Plus, it's safe for kids, too!
12. Scunci No Damage Hair Ties, $2. You don't have to worry about getting those hideous dents in your ponytail because these elastic holders keep hair secure without the damaging effects.
13. Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo, $8. This citrus-scented dry shampoo comes in handy when you're in-between shampoos and your roots are weighed down by grease.