Are you fast, funny and ready to prove it? The Huffington Post is looking for a trending news writer who can surface buzzy stories before they go viral and file across all sections of The Huffington Post. The candidate should be a self-starter with a knack for mining emerging and established social media platforms to find tomorrow’s Internet obsession today. The ideal person should be familiar with standard publishing tools and have a flair for selling stories on social media. Expect to work from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. ET, with some hours on weekends. We’d prefer this person to work from the HuffPost offices in London or Sydney, but we’ll consider outstanding candidates who can work remotely or from another HuffPost office.
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.
- 2+ years of experience in online journalism
- Familiarity with top news sites and blogs, and with top news issues
- Ability to work at a fast pace and contribute to a large, tight-knit team
- Keen sense for mixing video, print, images and other assets to produce sticky, engaging storytelling experiences
- Killer headline skills
- Ability to file multiple times a day
- Flexible work schedule; willingness to work on holidays and overnights as required based on newsroom needs and the news cycle
Email a cover letter, resume and collection of clips to Buck Wolf at Buck.Wolf@huffingtonpost.com.