John Stewart had lots of fun on last night's "Daily Show" pointing out how John McCain recycled many of the lines used in Tuesday's economic stump speech.
"I think I've heard this brand-new speech before, I think it was at the Republican convention," joked Stewart.
Some of the recycled lines spotlighted by Stewart, featuring side-by-side videos of McCain repeating the same lines in the same rhythm, practically harmonizing with himself:
- "We'll drill them now..."
- "We're going to stop sending $700b to countries that don't like us very much"
- "We'll invest in all energy alternatives: nuclear, wind, tide, solar, natural gas, clean-coal technology..."
- "My friends, I can hardly wait until I introduce her to Washington DC"
- "I've been fighting for this country since I was 17 years old and I have the scars to prove it."
- "Fight for what's right for our country, fight for the ideals and character of a free people, fight for our children's future, we never hide from history, we make history."
After showing the video, Stewart quipped, "His supporters are going to be so mad when they find out that he recycles."