We're not sure exactly why, but somewhere along the way, we got really intimidated by Timberland boots. It seems like the only people who can pull them off are impossibly cool and trying them out for ourselves is daunting and scary.
While we could look to celebrities like Rihanna and Cara Delevingne for tips, those girls could wear anything and still look good. So instead, we decided to search Instagram for girls in real life who are managing to look stylish in these practical, comfortable, classic boots.
Here's what we learned:
1. Treat them like a little black bootie and wear them with leggings or skinny jeans and an oversized sweater.
1. LUCLUC Black Turn Down Collar Boyfrined Coat, $49; 2. TOPSHOP MOTO Black Velvet Jamie Jeans, $50; 3. Choies Wine Red Round Neck Cable Knit Sweater, $24; 4. Zara Office Backpack, $89; 5. Timberland Earthkeepers® Glancy 6" Boot, $130
2. A bomber jacket + a body suit = perfection.
3. Add pink to soften your outfit.
1. Blackfive Single Buttoned Dropped Shoulder Mid-long Woolen Coat, $69; 2. Maurices Tee With Scoop Neck In Lunar Wash, $10; 3. Topshop Moto White Wash Joni Jeans, $65; 4. Hanes Women's Crew Socks (pack of 6), $7; 5. Timberland Women's 6-Inch Premium Waterproof Boots in Wheat Nubuck, $160
4. Go for a colored pair of Timberlands to inject a little personality into your look.
1. Choies Black Asymmetric Hem Long Sleeve Knitted Sweater, $29; 2. Topshop Moto Cord Overalls, $95; 3. Helene Berman Cat Ear Wool Cap, $125; 4. Pink Ice Chromatic Round Sunglasses, $12; 5. Timberland Women's Premum 6-Inch Boot, $129
Also on HuffPost: