It's time for an end-of-summer Week to Week news quiz to see how much you know about the latest events.
Here are some random but real hints: It didn't help their views of her, the title has to mean something, it didn't help their views of him, and it shows his views of her. Answers are below the quiz.
1. This week, who called for raising taxes on the rich and lowering taxes for the middle class?
a. Hillary Rodham Clinton
b. Tiberius Gracchus
c. Ellen Page
d. Donald Trump
2. What did the U.S. Commerce Department report on Thursday?
a. The GDP grew at a 3.7% annual pace in the second quarter, up from an earlier reported 2.3%
b. The United States will be in "technical default" on its bonds as of September 15
c. The United States regained the title of world's largest exporter in the second quarter
d. Only 2.3% of full-time workers in this country were members of unions
3. What did Hillary Clinton compare with terrorist groups?
a. Mexican drug cartels
b. The activities of Chinese spies operating in the United States
c. The "extreme views on women" of GOP candidates
4. Who is the latest big name to join the effort to increase the minimum wage to $15 an hour?
a. U.S. Labor Secretary Tom Perez
b. Presidential candidate Donald Trump
c. Apple CEO Tim Cook
d. U.S. Chamber of Commerce CEO Thomas Donohue
5. What label did Chinese state media give to this past Monday?
a. Victory Over Corruption Day
b. Black Monday
c. China Unity Day
d. Day of Remembrance
6. Who received France's Legion of Honor award this week?
a. French President François Hollande
b. Former U.S. President George W. Bush
c. The three Americans and a Briton to stopped a gunman on a French train
d. Actor Gérard Depardieu
7. A former TV reporter shot himself after doing what?
a. Holding his former boss hostage for 23 hours
b. Resigning on-air in New York
c. Attempting to kill the local sheriff
d. Shooting and killing two journalists during a live broadcast in Virginia
8. Who had Univision anchor Jorge Ramos thrown out of a press conference?
a. Hillary Clinton
b. Joe Biden
c. Apple CEO Tim Cook
d. Donald Trump
9. What did the secretary of agriculture and former Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack say he would do "until the last dog dies"?
a. Defend his home state against anchor babies
b. Support Hillary Clinton for president
c. Fight for the rights of farmers to use unlimited amounts of water for their crops
d. Support PETA
10. What did Austrian police find in an abandoned truck along a highway?
a. Factory-farmed chickens packed together too closely to move
b. Up to 71 dead people
c. $3 million of lost Nazi gold hidden since World War II
d. A cache of weapons believed to be on their way to the Middle East
BONUS. What did a county clerk in Kentucky say he was willing to die to avoid doing?
a. Sitting next to "people of mixed races"
b. His job
d. Eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken
5) b (the name referred to the huge drop in China's stock market on that date).
10) b (they are believed to be migrants from outside of Europe).
BONUS) b (his job just happens to include issuing marriage licenses, and the Casey County clerk refuses to issue them to some people).
Want the live news quiz experience? Join us Tuesday, September 15 in Palo Alto for our next live (and lively) Week to Week political roundtable with a news quiz and a social hour at The Commonwealth Club of California. Panelists include Carson Bruno, Larry Gerston, and Barbara Marshman.
Explanations of the hints: It didn't help their views of her: GOP candidates have decried Clinton's criticism; the title has to mean something: he is the secretary of labor, after all; it didn't help their views of him: Trump doesn't appear worried about how his treatment of Ramos will affect Hispanic voter attitudes toward his candidacy; and it shows his views of her: Vilsack's all-in for Clinton.