Relive the highlights and lowlights of the recent GOP debate by taking our latest Week to Week news quiz.
Here are some random but real hints: Her Secret Service code name would pay tribute; he was following the Darwinian strategy of attacking the weakest first; he is a former prosecutor; and who knew Donald Trump is ironic? Answers are below the quiz.
1. Who said the GOP candidates were "the A-Team" that even "has its own Mr. T"?
a. Debate moderator Jake Tapper
b. Mike Huckabee
c. Dirk Benedict
d. Donald Trump
2. Which candidate's life story includes rising from "secretary to CEO"?
a. Hillary Clinton
b. Rand Paul
c. Donald Trump
d. Carly Fiorina
3. Who began his opening statement by declaring that Senator Rand Paul didn't even deserve to be on the stage with the other candidates?
a. Rand Paul
b. Donald Trump
c. James Stockdale
d. Lindsey Graham
4. Senator Ted Cruz said Republican leaders had surrendered to President Obama over what?
a. Legalizing drugs
b. Speaking Spanish in America
c. Funding Planned Parenthood
d. Legalizing same-sex marriage
5. What did Governor Chris Christie say was the key question of the election?
a. "Can we stop life-long politicians like Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton from reaching the White House?"
b. "Are you better off today than you were eight years ago?"
c. "Who is going to prosecute Hillary Clinton?"
d. "Who will be the best candidate to protect the unborn?"
6. Which one of the following was not said in the debate?
a. Carly Fiorina on Trump's comments about her looks: "I think women all over this country heard very clearly what Mr. Trump said."
b. Donald Trump to Jeb Bush: "More energy tonight. I like that."
c. Jeb Bush to Donald Trump: "You got Hillary Clinton to go to your wedding."
d. Mike Huckabee to the moderators: "I love argument, I love debate. I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me, that's not their job."
7. What did Donald Trump say should be his Secret Service code name if he's elected?
a. Bumble Bee
c. Harry Potter
d. Mr. Magnificent
8. Biblical tithing vs. progressive taxation. Who believes which?
a. Dr. Ben Carson and Donald Trump, respectively
b. Mike Huckabee and Dr. Ben Carson, respectively
c. Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton respectively
d. Anderson Cooper and Marco Rubio, respectively
9. Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker said that giving people education was a key to economic growth. What did he do in Wisconsin?
a. He hired 3,000 new teachers
b. He expanded tenure and increased hiring at the state's university system
c. He cut school funding more than any governor
d. He increased state scholarship funding by $1.2 billion
10. Who said all of the GOP candidates were more qualified than Hillary Clinton?
a. Rand Paul
b. Anderson Cooper
c. Jeb Bush
d. Moderator panelist Hugh Hewitt
BONUS. Who won the debate and who lost?
Put your answer in the comments section below.
6. d (that quote was actually by Margaret Thatcher).
BONUS. Responses, if any, are in the comments section.
Want the live news quiz experience? Join us Tuesday, October 6 in downtown San Francisco for our next live (and lively) Week to Week political roundtable with a news quiz and a social hour at The Commonwealth Club of California.
Explanations of the hints: her Secret Service code name would pay tribute: Fiorina chose (racehorse-related) Secretariat as her code name; he was following the Darwinian strategy of attacking the weakest first: first-place Trump accused Paul of being too low in the polls to deserve a spot on the stage; he is a former prosecutor: Christie is a former U.S. attorney who prosecuted major federal crimes; and who knew Donald Trump is ironic?: Trump humble? No.