Find out who's a real progressive or libertarian patriot by taking our latest Week to Week news quiz and getting ready for your next Democratic or GOP debate in New Hampshire.
Here are some random but real hints: now that's using social lamestream media; the Alibaba effect has worn off; she got Mitt's help to be in the next debate; and they're trying to heal a 1,000-year-old rift. Answers are below the quiz.
1. What hit 4.9% on Friday?
a. Mortgage interest rates
b. The unemployment rate
c. The inflation rate
d. Jeb Bush's national support
2. How did Jeb Bush finish his speech to voters in New Hampshire?
a. He threw a football at the ground and said "This primary is my Super Bowl and I'm going to score!"
b. He said "Please clap"
c. He woke up his wife and they left the stage
d. He announced his candidacy for reelection in 2020
3. After pleading the Fifth Amendment before a congressional hearing, what did controversial pharmaceuticals CEO Martin Shkreli do?
a. Jumped up from his chair, high-fived his lawyer, and shouted at the committee "See you losers later"
b. Endorsed Donald Trump for president
c. Called the congressmembers "imbeciles" in a tweet
d. Told the committee chairman "you can keep my campaign contribution if you do your job right"
4. Following a reported $4.4 billion quarterly loss, what company laid off 15% of its staff this week?
5. What company surpassed Apple to briefly become the world's most valuable public company?
b. Google's parent Alphabet
c. News Corp.
6. Which Republican presidential candidate did not drop out of the race following the Iowa caucuses?
a. Mike Huckabee
b. Carly Fiorina
c. Rand Paul
d. Rick Santorum
7. Twitter suspended the accounts of 125,000 of whom?
a. ISIS supporters
b. Abortion activists
c. Edward Snowden supporters
d. Chinese political dissidents
8. Whom did Hillary Clinton accuse of an "artful smear" against her?
a. Donald Trump
b. Vladimir Putin
c. Lindsey Graham
d. Bernie Sanders
9. On Sunday, February 7, where will the Super Bowl take place?
a. Denver, Colorado
b. San Francisco, California
c. Santa Clara, California
d. San Mateo, California
10. With whom is Pope Francis meeting--for the first time in history--during a trip to Cuba this month?
a. Brazil's president, Dilma Rousseff
b. American fundamentalist evangelist Franklin Graham
c. Facebook chief Mark Zuckerberg
d. The patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church
BONUS. A photo of a 2,100-year-old Greek stone relief has people claiming what?
a. The Greeks were actually Egyptian
b. The ancient Greeks had laptop computers
c. The Greeks practiced cannibalism
d. Michael Jackson lived a prior life as a Greek chariot driver
Want the live news quiz experience? Join us Monday, February 8 in downtown San Francisco for our next live (and lively) Week to Week political roundtable with a news quiz and a social hour at The Commonwealth Club of California. Panelists will include Carson Bruno, Joe Garofoli, and Debra J. Saunders.
Explanations of the hints: now that's using social lamestream media: he tweeted his feelings about the congressmembers; the Alibaba effect has worn off: Yahoo made a bundle from its Alibaba investment, but it hasn't helped the company's core business; she got Mitt's help to be in the next debate: Carly's still around, but Romney couldn't help her get onto the debate stage; and they're trying to heal a 1,000-year-old rift: this will be the first time a pope has met the Russian patriarch.