But on the newly returned “Tonight Show” Monday, Yankovic did perform a number that’s “sort of about social distancing, kinda topical,” he said.
Host Jimmy Fallon enlisted Yankovic to sing “One More Minute” ― an original oldie. Back in the day, Weird Al was smarting over a breakup and wrote the song to express how much he wanted to avoid his former beloved.
It also works as a quarantine anthem.
“I’d rather spend eternity eating shards of broken glass/than spend one more minute with you,” Yankovic sings.
Watch the whole performance above.
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- When will life return to normal? Europe has some answers.
- Digestive issues might be an early sign of coronavirus
- How to file for unemployment if you’ve been laid off
- Avoiding going to the store? Here’s how to order groceries online.
- What to do if you live with someone with COVID-19
- How often do we really need to wash our faces?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.