We already know a mall vacation can be a surprisingly good escape. And if you head outside the U.S. to Edmonton, Canada, you'll find that the mall of your dreams awaits.
The West Edmonton Mall has everything -- there are so many stores and attractions (over 800!) that it would take a few days of non-stop shopping to see it all, which is exactly why you need to vacation there. From surfing to EDM concerts, here are 9 reasons to head to West Edmonton:
1. It has the world's indoor largest wave pool.
It's home to the the world's largest wave pool? LOOK AT THIS.
3. There are world-class concerts ALL THE TIME.
The West Edmonton Mall is becoming a big draw for big names. Recently, Steve Aoki stopped by to play a few sets, but the mall has seen everything from country to pop.
4. What good is a Canadian mall without hockey?
What good is a massive Canadian mall if you can't play hockey there? The Ice Palace also holds concerts when it's not being used for figure skating or puck play. Sometimes Olympians even stop by to skate!
5. You can hang out with some penguins.
Head to the mall's Marine Life center to visit with penguins, sea turtles, sharks and sea lions. As if we needed another reason to visit!
6. And ride roller coasters at the world's largest indoor amusement park.
With over 24 rides, you're never gonna want to get off the roller coasters in a spot that calls itself the world's largest indoor amusement park.
7. Oh, and sometimes there's free yoga.
Ayoga studio in the mall is the perfect way to decompress.
8. There are even fashion shows at the mall.
You know, to highlight the mall's latest styles.
O Canada, this is the best mall ever!