"I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil." -- Alan Greenspan (lifelong Republican) - September 2007
"The Republicans in Congress lost their way. They swapped principle for power. They ended up with neither. They deserved to lose." -- Alan Greenspan (lifelong Republican) - September 2007
"Bush's collaborate-don't-confront approach was a major mistake -- it cost the nation a check-and-balance mechanism essential to fiscal discipline." --- Alan Greenspan (lifelong Republican) - September 2007
Date: Sunday Sept 16, 2007From: TurdBlossom - email@example.comTo: Dubya43 - firstname.lastname@example.orgCc: Roger - Roger.Ailes@FoxNews.comSubject: Greenspan
That wizened old goat has spilled the beans! I thought you putting that tin medal round his neck would keep him on board with his fat mouth shut. Nixon was right. You just can't trust these Jews.
We have to deal with this immediately before the media turns it into something big. Even the saps we can normally rely on like Russert and Matthews are fans of Greenspan. And his "wife" works for NBC. So we have to defuse this bomb right now. Take him down.
I've drafted some talking points for Perino and I have copied Roger on this. We can depend on O'Reilly, Hannity and Hume to bury him. Perino will call Rush and Coulter.
Here's what I've got so far.
1) Reagan appointed Greenspan to head the Fed in '87. Reagan was already ga-ga by then.
2) Two months after Greenspan became Chairman of the Fed - we had the Black Monday stock market crash. Coincidence?! Think again.
3) His first marriage was in 1952 and only lasted one year. And then he was a "bachelor" again for FORTY FOUR YEARS. until he married Andrea Mitchell in 1997. From the age of 27 to 71!!! Can we say "Larry Craig"? (Find out if Greenspan ever visited Minneapolis)
4) Greenspan is 81. He's clearly lost it.
5) He wants to sell his book.
6) He's a dirty old man messing about with a younger trophy wife 21 years his junior. (Clear this angle with Fred first)
7) His wife is Jewish AND works for NBC.
Let's go for it!
You shoulda tightened the noose while you had him! - KR