It's almost winter. There, we said it. It's the first step to accepting that the weather is changing, forcing us to kiss sandals, bare legs and breezy dresses goodbye. Though the arrival of snowy weather isn't the best news, the wardrobe that comes along with it is pretty great -- especially the hats. Not only do toppers keep you warm, but they are also the perfect disguise for bad (or greasy) hair days.
Instead of blending into the crowd in a traditional beanie, why not opt for something a little different? Try a trapper hat (your ears will thank you), or you could take a cue from the French and opt for a beret. Better yet, wear a wool cap because, let's be honest, is anything more chic than that?
Behold, all your winter hat options that aren't a beanie.
1. Madewell & Owen Barry™ Shearling Trapper Hat, $169; 2. Madewell Baseball Trapper Hat, $39; 3. River Island Light Beige Faux Fur Trapper Hat, $56; 4. Outdoor Research Baltic Trapper Hat, $17; 5. Helly Hansen Knitted Faux Fur Trapper Hat, $60
1. Forever21 Stripe-Trim Pom Beanie, $8; 2. Neiman Marcus Cashmere Fur-Pom-Pom Hat, $57; 3. IDA Off Piste Hat,£85 (approx.$129); 4. Zulily Red & White Stripe Pom-Pom Beanie, $13; 5. Solid Color Bobble Beanie, $24
1. Topshop Wool Blend Beret Hat, $30; 2. Collection 18 Galaxy Sequin Beret, $20; 3. Lauren Ralph Lauren Felted Beret, $38; 4. Gucci Wool Beret, $295; 5. Eugenia Kim Harley Hardly Wool & Fox Fur Pom Pom Beret, $165
1. Helene Berman Cap With Faux Fur Pom Pom £55 (approx. $83 USD); 2. Helene Berman Cat Ear Wool Cap, $125; 3. Charlotte Simone Grey Fur Pom Pom Sass Cap, £95 (approx. $144 USD); 4. & Other Stories Wool Cap, $55
But of course, you could just stick to what you know and get a beanie:
1. Madewell Cashmere Beanie, $89; 2. Portolano Cashmere Cuffed Beanie Hat, $45; 3. White & Warren Cashmere Ribbed Beanie, $49; 4. Old Navy Fair Isle Beanie, $12; 5. New Look Cream Cable Knit Beanie Hat, £5 (approx. $7 USD)
Also on HuffPost: