Autumn is an excellent time to find new workout music. In the summer, Top 40 artists are all over the radio, competing for the season's biggest song. In winter, the year's biggest albums flood the market and compete for your holiday dollars. In between, these competitions die down a bit -- making room for new acts to seize control of the charts and the gym.
In this month's mix, you'll find a social media-powered hit from Madison Beer, one of the fastest rap tracks in recent memory from Shy Carter, and a feel-good anthem from Pitch Perfect 2 star Hailee Steinfeld. Additionally, the month's most popular track comes from Jess Glynne -- the vocalist from Clean Bandit's multi-platinum smash "Rather Be." In with the newcomers, you'll find two big comebacks: a single from Joe Jonas' new group DNCE and a collaboration between Janet Jackson and Missy Elliott.
Even with most of the heavyweights out of the running this month, there was still plenty of action on the charts. Moreover, without reputations on they can rely, tracks by these new acts battled their way to the top on merits alone. Since only the newest, catchiest songs made the cut, the 10 tracks below should be perfect for freshening up your current workout mix.
Here's the full list, according to a poll on Run Hundred -- the web's most popular workout music blog.
- Ellie Goulding -- "On My Mind" -- 78 BPM
- John Newman & Charlie Wilson -- "Tiring Game" -- 128 BPM
- Calvin Harris & Disciples -- "How Deep Is Your Love" -- 122 BPM
- Madison Beer & Jack & Jack -- "All for Love" -- 121 BPM
- Hailee Steinfeld -- "Love Myself" -- 124 BPM
- Shy Carter & Aleon Craft -- "Bring It Back" -- 152 BPM
- Demi Lovato -- "Confident" -- 130 BPM
- Janet Jackson & Missy Elliott -- "BURNITUP!" -- 124 BPM
- Jess Glynne -- "Hold My Hand" -- 123 BPM
- DNCE -- "Cake by the Ocean" -- 119 BPM
Check out this month's top 10 workout songs on Run Hundred: www.RunHundred.com.
For more by Chris Lawhorn, click here.
For more from HuffPost Workouts, click here.
Also on HuffPost: