Writing a book is a powerful marketing tool for you as a business owner. And, unlike serial authors, who write book after book after book, most entrepreneurs are NOT publishing books in hopes of becoming a best-selling author.
So, why are entrepreneurs writing and publishing books?
Most entrepreneurs want to produce a quality marketing tool and generate additional income. That income comes from speaking, coaching, consulting, and new customers. It's not about selling LOADS of books.
Still wondering how you can use a book to build your business? Take a look at the list below.
Your Book Is Your New Business Card
- Your book is a tool that encourages customers to buy your products, services, or offer you speaking engagements.
- Your book helps you establish your expertise and sets you apart from others in your industry.
- Your book becomes a powerful marketing tool. You can give copies of your book to prospects when you meet with them, and you can include copies when you send out proposals for speaking at industry events.
- Your book will help you build your mailing list.
- Your book will add legitimacy to training courses and workshops. It will encourage people to register for the classes you are hosting and teaching.
One of the genres I am most passionate about helping entrepreneurs write is what I call a blended memoir+business book. Using your story in your book is a powerful tool for helping others get to know you as a business owner, but also get to know you as a person!