I keep Naan on hand because it's so good just to throw in the oven with garlic powder and a bit of butter, to serve with curries. It's also great for gyros or wraps. I decided to try a flatbread with it. The result was delish!
Zucchini Feta Flatbread with Crushed Red Pepper and Honey Drizzle
2 pieces of Naan or Pita Bread
1 small Zucchini
Red Onion Slices (however much you want)
1 container of Feta Cheese
about 1 and 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 tablespoons Heavy Cream
Crushed Red Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and slice the Zucchini into very thin slices.
2. Place the bread on a cookie sheet and top with 1 layer or Zucchini.
3. Add the Red Onion.
4. This is a sauceless flatbread...but I have a secret for making you believe there is sauce on it! ;) In a small bowl, mix the Feta Cheese and about 1/2 cup of Shredded Mozzarella with 2 tablespoons of Heavy Whipping Cream. Ooh la la!
5. Top the flatbreads with the cheese/cream mixture and the rest of the Mozzarella Cheese.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Then High Broil for about 3-5 minutes (watch it and take it out when it starts to brown).
7. Top with Honey Drizzle and Red Pepper, slice and serve. Yum!!
For a printable version of this recipe, come on over to the blog! http://1cookingchick.blogspot.com/2015/09/zucchini-feta-flatbread.html