In Media Memoriam 2009

In the 1990s, a woman reportedly accused Don Hewitt, who died in 2009, of multiple assaults. Her case came to light amid the investigation of Les Moonves.
Benjamin Netanyahu has backed away from his claim that it was a Palestinian leader, rather than Hitler, who came up with the idea of exterminating the Jews. But Netanyahu's historical chutzpah has always been breathtaking, as I learned years ago when reporting on Israel for 60 Minutes.
The Williams' flurry is just the tip of a much greater scandal: the charade of the glamorous, all-seeing Super Anchor who ranges the planet in search of scandal, outrage and spectacle. It's a colossal fake, a travesty--put over on an audience that desperately wants to believe in the sham. But, hey folks--the Emperor has no clothes.
My last 60 Minutes segment, “Foreign Agent,” featured well-known former U.S. officials and presidential campaign aides from
I used to sneer at Don Hewitt's need for detectives to substantiate his reporters' stories. Now I guess I have to give him credit.
About Mike, I have only one more tale to tell, and it happened by pure coincidence. Mike Wallace was always a ladies man.
His hard-hitting approach to investigative journalism and take-no-prisoners interviewing style helped define the program in its early years. And Mike conducted his interviews, legends, movie stars and crooks, with the same intensity. He would say, "I'm just nosy."
Despite that I truly like and admire Charlie Rose, Gayle King and Erica Hill independent of this show, I think someone behind the scenes is going to have to try quite a bit harder.
Friends of Marilyn Berger (and her late husband "60 Minutes" creator Don Hewitt) came out to the New York Public Library
2009 may go down as the year of celebrity deaths — in no small part due to Walter Cronkite, who passed away in July and whose
CALGARY- Calgary Herald journalist Michelle Lang never took the easy way out, whether it was holding government to account
Pittsburgh radio host Fred Honsberger has died at the age of 58. Honsberger, a 30-year veteran of Pittsburgh station KDKA
Celebrity shooter A.J. Sokalner, admired by his colleagues for his quiet, passionate commitment to photography, collapsed
Yesterday, Don Hewitt was remembered as a true pioneer of broadcast news in a touching ceremony at the Rose Hall in New York's Time Warner Center.
A memorial service for "60 Minutes" creator and CBS News legend Don Hewitt, who died in August, will be held Monday, October
Nan Robertson, a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for The New York Times who was widely known for her book "The Girls in the
Here's my own brief look at some of the more notable celebrity deaths of 2009. As always, they fall into two categories: "The Good Riddance List" and "The Folks We'll Miss List."
LONDON (Reuters) - Marguerite, Baroness de Reuter, a European aristocrat from a bygone age and last survivor of the family
WASHINGTON -- John R. Wilke, a 20-year veteran of The Wall Street Journal known for incisive reporting on the intersection