12 step program

You are allowed to build a program of recovery that works for you.
And what you should say instead.
In my opinion, recovery programs can work in a similar way, because when some people stop participating in them, they relapse. This is why the majority of us in recovery have to create a strong support network.
Crimi’s mentor of 15 years, Irwin Feinberg, put it best. “Jon Paul has worked with a lot of guys who other people had given
If I could do anything to help the state of American mental health, it would be that we'd all be educated thoroughly about codependence ... what it is, what it isn't, and the absolute necessity of learning how to recover from it.
Some philosophers have argued that the desire to act in a way that is consistent with one's values and sense of self is linked to well-being. But others have argued that learning to express thoughts and feelings that obscure one's true inner state is an important adaptation for successful living. A team of psychological scientists has been working to resolve this issue empirically.
After the thousands of hours I've spent in recovery meetings, I can say I'm certain of only a few things. First, despite what many people believe, AA is not a cult. It's just a group of alcoholics trying to figure out how to stay sober by helping the next guy or gal stay sober. Two, no matter how shitty I feel before walking into a meeting, I always feel a little better after it's over.
I craved approval and sometimes I cringe at "what I did for love," as I erroneously believed that I needed others to fill
By the time I acknowledged my defeat, I had two choices. I could continue on the road I was on, unwilling to accept help, eventually ending with death, or I could accept help, admitting I was powerless over alcohol and begin a road of recovery. I chose the latter.