127 Hours

Through conversations with different characters, we learn that each has different motivations... "Something just underneath
Not since 127 Hours have I run into a movie that provoked that mixture of excitement and trepidation in people I know who have seen the trailer as Gravity.
What if you were a skeptic -- and your very skepticism resulted in you missing out on the very thing you refused to believe in? That's also the comic notion at the heart of Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's This Is the End,.
"127 Hours" is a gripping narrative of survival. Embedded within the story are many life lessons. It encourages us to celebrate and enjoy life, to value the presence of significant others in our lives, and not to be careless and place ourselves in unnecessary danger.
All of this got me to thinking about my own definition of "survival" and what things of value I've been willing to give up for my use of technology.
Santana hasn’t fared so well. He claims he was fired for giving Franco a low grade, which Franco denies. Franco directs and
One man, however, may have taken the film's imperatives a bit too literally. Many moviegoers were able to take inspiration
Can James Franco do no wrong? The notoriously overachieving actor/painter/director/producer/screenwriter author/pilot/performance
It's like reality TV for filmmakers: wacky games with ridiculous rules bring out the real man. Our intrepid directors don't have to eat maggots but they do have to shoot almost an entire feature film within the tight, murky confines of a cave.
Director Sean McNamara's roots in TV -- shows such as That's So Raven -- are apparent. Even with Dennis Quaid, Helen Hunt and young AnnaSophia Robb as Bethany, Soul Surfer feels like a TV movie.
The film which caused seizures, vomiting and fainting (among other ailments) has gotten the Wile E. Coyote treatment. "127
You just know AMC is kicking itself for only ordering six episodes. So while they and we wait for a longer season two to start in the fall, new fans can catch up with the first zombie series.
Living legend time: Kirk Douglas, must be in his 90s (he's 95), walking with a cane but still looking vital. Trying to decide
Prior to the show (on that cold red carpet) and during, I caught up with some of the nominees and attendees and chatted about the awards and their respective projects.
"127 Hours" is based off of "Between a Rock and a Hard Place" by Aaron Rolston. It is the true story of a hiker who cuts
Let's start with the front runner: The King's Speech. You could easily go with several different options here, but I'd go basic.
No matter what you think of Hollywood's new voting process -- which I believe is fairer and more democratic -- here's one thing we can all agree on: it will help the Oscars make more money.
James Franco knows that he was an unorthodox choice to host the Oscars -- and doesn't care much if he proves the doubters