2000 election

Some of these Nader voters now work for the Democratic Party -- and deeply regret their 2000 vote.
Once I removed the dogmatic lens that had informed my biblical interpretations, I found a figure that defended a prostitute and ate with the poor. The life of Jesus simply didn't reflect the agenda of the political right, so now neither could I.
This week, the two men who finished first and second in New Hampshire offered us a tale of two Republican parties. John Kasich's speech that night was the starkest contrast to Donald Trump's triumphant ugliness, scapegoating and division. "We're going to solve the problems in America not by being extreme," he said, but by "reminding everybody that we are Americans dedicated to shining up America and fixing our problems." He declared that we are all meant to be "a part of the healing of this world." Kasich's speech was an alternate path forward for the GOP -- Trump's focused on our darkest fears, Kasich's on our better angels. As the campaign heads south, let's remember that presidential elections are about more than choosing the leader of the country. They are also about choosing what kind of country and people we want to be.
It's simple: when more people vote, our democracy is more representative and reflective of who we are as a nation. It takes all of that to make that happen.
“I have spent an enormous amount of time dealing with the local county Sheriff’s offices, the State Attorney’s Office, the
Given the bizarre and bitter nature of American politics today and the relevance of a 226 year old document to the 21st century, a repeat of Bush v Gore in 2016 with a Cruz v Constitution petition is not entirely unimaginable.
A recent Washington Post article indicated that if the Fox News Channel had not existed, then-Vice President Al Gore would
Ralph Nader is to blame. It's that simple. I'm not talking about the election of 2000, where his candidacy was enough to hand the presidency to George W. Bush and all that has followed. I'm talking about when Nader went AWOL as the nation's consumer conscience.
We must stop being the only democracy that indirectly elects its chief executive. Every voice and vote must matter. After all, isn't that what democracy is all about?
"Justice [Antonin] Scalia goes around and gives speeches in the country, and he'll often say to people when [the 2000 election