2012: Our Election

With the ideology that success is unimportant and the man with experience redistributing wealth is more qualified to lead the nation than the wealth creator himself, Ayn Rand's prophesy is becoming disturbingly similar to reality.
Four years later, facing a slower than expected economic recovery and a congress that spends more time on anti-abortion legislation than investments to infrastructure, it does take audacity to hope.
Disaster could be looming on the horizon for the GOP.
I still have one remaining question: What exactly is this hope and change thing the President keeps mentioning?
Every amendment, every bill, every ballot and every choice divides us, Americans, into groups. It is no wonder why this 2012 election was so close -- whatever happened to united we stand?
Our country is moving forward in terms of open-mindedness and progressive ideals and finally -- albeit, slowly -- catching up to our neighbors to the north in Canada and many allies in Europe.
When the results come in tomorrow, I will not be thinking about Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, but instead the factors that make this election what I like to call the DUMB election. Here's why.
Today, the long Presidential race will finally be over as your friends and families head to the polls. Even though most of
There are two very distinct paths our country will choose from and it is more important than ever to cast a vote in this election.
Your political affiliation can be a personal preference, a deeply-held loyalty, a shifting intellectual construct and a partisan ideology all at once. We want to know if you decided to switch party allegiance in the past four years.
Obama's America is doing better. With all this, who needs Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan to come and ruin four years of real progress?
Saying "my vote won't make a difference" is not an excuse. Your vote does make a difference. Your vote could be one to help swing this election.
Isn't it a problem that regardless of who becomes president, less than a quarter of what he says is true? Dishonesty and politics are so commonly associated that most Americans expect politicians to lie.
My message to young people across this country is that this election will directly impact your lives in so many ways -- get involved with election and participate in the democratic process.
As the third-party debates and the campaigns themselves will likely continue to be neglected by our political culture, the candidates fight on now for their message, not their electoral success.
Clearly, there are issues with the current way our politics run, and we can't fix everything overnight. But there are some simple things that we can do to make people more politically engaged.
Mayor Bloomberg has had a very tough week, and mistakes are a part of the process. The real test, however, is whether he can recognize his mistakes, take responsibility for them, and address them.
Climate change is one of the defining issues of my generation. The era that I'm growing up in, faces a predicament that couldn't have been foreseen a matter of decades ago.
Looking past party biases and one-sidedness allows students to really take a look at the issues at hand.
Girls are important. We are the future. We want your help and support to make the world a better place. And Mr. President and Mr. Presidential Candidate, we will.