2012 Summer Olympics

Seems to be the trend no? There is a strong potential that Los Angeles will either host the 2024 Olympics, or the 2028 Olympics
The Hillary Clinton campaign has wrapped itself in the performance of the U.S. Olympians, while Donald Trump has largely ignored the glory.
The Olympics are the words on everyone's lips right now. Browse just about anywhere online and prepare yourself to be hit with a dose of Team GB fever. And how can you not get excited? It's the Olympics -- one of the biggest celebrations of sporting talent on earth AND it's in Rio!
While the value of the precious metals contained within an Olympic medal is perhaps disappointing, Olympic medals have the potential to realize higher prices on the secondary market.
How did a teenage underdog develop the self-confidence required to win a gold medal on the world's biggest stage? What type of mindset did Mathias bring to his competitions? And what can we learn from it?
Faith Focus Finish With that, I offer you a challenge. I challenge you to ask yourself: WHO am I & WHAT do I want to CREATE
My work is not within the accepted box. Maybe because I am a woman. Also an Arab. There was a certain prejudice about these things.
The man who brought a lot of glory to our nation, Aziz-ur-Rehman Khan was amongst the squad of the national hockey team which represented Pakistan for the very first time in the XIVth London Olympiad. I visited the gentleman in the early hours of the morning to know the legend further while he takes a stroll down memory lane.
Runners have a contagious energy, an unusually positive outlook on life, and let's face it -- they look good in their spandex shorts. But, according to dentists and health professionals, runners and other endurance athletes are more prone to tooth decay and dental problems than the rest of the population.
What the Olympics and other mega-events have shown is that the significant investment required to host an international games successfully has the power to transform a region, and even a nation. What they have also demonstrated, of course, is just how thorough the preparations need to be.
With equality high on the agenda, Britain is becoming a better and better place to be an LGBT person. And yet, I couldn't help noting it was disconcerting that only about 23 of the thousands of Olympic athletes in 2012 were publicly known to be gay.
Economic growth across the African continent makes the prospect of holding the Olympic Games there an exciting one. Former
E! has cancelled "What Would Ryan Lochte Do," a reality series centering on the life of the Olympic swimmer, after only one
I could not be prouder of the athletes from around the world who have taken a stance against LGBT discrimination in sports despite risking a backlash by the Russian government and their sports' governing bodies.
Swiss police are investigating. LONDON, Aug 15 (Reuters) - A stuntman who parachuted into the opening ceremony of the 2012
It’s been exactly one year since gymnast McKayla Maroney won silver in the vault competition at the London Olympics. More
The new royal baby isn't the only reason people are talking about London this week. Saturday marks one year since the start
While some Olympic parks remain abandoned, many, like the London site, are re-imagined into parks that serve as both recreational
Olympic Stadium, London, August 4, 2012. Minutes before the race of my life, the finals of the men's 10,000 meters. I wasn't running. I was a spectator. Below, taking their places, were two runners I'd spent years coaching. I couldn't help but marvel at the peace I felt inside.