3-D

Technology has always changed the way we do creative work, and it will continue its impact on creativity long after the technologies we name here are a normal part of everyday life.
Ten years, eight months. That's how long I've been an academic librarian. And, still, I love what I do.
It's not every day you see nature photography quite like this.
Walking on water is hard. Unless, of course, your 3-D floors make it look like you're walking on water.
What do you get when you mix twenty-something Lebanese talent, animation, and a market hungry for high-end 3-D fun?
For years, biologists and engineers have tried to unravel the mysteries of shark skin -- and to develop a synthetic version
Had the visuals been something out of a Hollywood film, it would not have worked in the way that it did. It was almost romantic
This is not the fireside chat in the comfort of the interviewee's home. We are joined in the studio by a host of graphic and natural language scientists, multiple interviewers and producers frantically scribbling notes.
Smurfs 2 has it all: gorgeously-lensed Parisian locales, groovy music, high adventure, magic wands, freaky spells, an intrepid mallard, numerous dubious puns -- plus, of course, our eponymous little blue friends, three apples tall. It's fast, funny and full-on zany.
This is a festival that makes the cutting edge accessible by seamlessly weaving the tried and true with the next wave. Perhaps best exemplified by 21-year-old opening night musician Charles Eliasch singing 19th-century opera by Bellini immediately followed by a presentation of edgy 3D films.
It seems like a whirlwind of a year for 3-D. This past weekend's rerelease of the 1993 blockbuster "Jurassic Park" collected
The new view was produced with a novel nano-imaging technique, developed by researchers at UCLA and Northwestern, that allows
Even if you haven't ever been to Vermont, you've got some Green Mountains in your mind. I know you do. There's that image of a town with candles in windows. There are those trees tapped for sugaring. And there's that swirling nighttime snow.
2012-10-08-plant.jpgOkay, it's a mouth full, but if that doesn't grab you, let me just say watching 100 hours of plant growth in under 10 seconds in 3-D is pretty awesome.
Krishnaswamy, says that the Verizon's 3-D Olympics channel is quite popular but did not provide viewer numbers. 3-D Olympics
As someone who attends film festivals with relish, I still feel a terrible urge to expose the most overrated things in today's film industry.
In addition to contact lenses, Innovega's patents also cover lenses implanted within the eye. "There are 900,000 cataract
ALEXANDRIA, Va. -- On Oct. 5, Lyceum will host "A Visual Tour of Civil War Alexandria," a lecture by Wally Owen, assistant
Christina Hendricks has the old-world, but never old, sex appeal of our Marilyn, and is perhaps our first red-headed pin-up since Rita Hayworth. And she has major acting chops.