3-d printing

A company called Disaster Hack is making 3D-printed prosthetics to provide a more affordable option to those who need replacement limbs.
Design student Dani Clode has invented a prosthetic thumb that serves as an additional digit for able-bodied humans instead of a replacement.
This is pretty subjective, but here's some stuff I'm excited about this year: Answer by Julie Zhuo, Product Design VP at
Going through the neon-lit doorway, viewers at the Met's exhibit first encounter the show-stopping Chanel wedding ensemble with its 20-foot jewel-encrusted train.
The more you know about the current state of the environment the harder it is to remain optimistic about the future. George W. Bush, however, gives me great hope for the future of the planet.
Software will dramatically change our lives and our society. We are in the midst of dramatic societal changes driven by software
I've struggled with writing about the Maker Faire for about a month (I'm press- not a journalist). It's easy to gush about the wonders of tech's open pastures, or tougher to diametrically write existentially about future doomsday scenarios, which I admit is much easier for me.
Buyers can take their merchandise once they identify themselves via some unique codes (numeric, eye or finger print), and buyers can press a button to send the drones back to their point of origin. Think of this as an electronic version of Harry Potter's owl, Hedwig.
Scourge of cereal, corrupter of coffee, cause of more spit takes than a Donald Trump press conference: rotten milk has ruined many mornings. And yet our only defense against the potentially stomach-souring effect is the simple, unreliable sniff test.
Christian Blind Mission, an NGO in Canada that helps people with disabilities in developing countries, is working with researchers
While the attack on Grecia was horrific, it has raised awareness regarding animal abuse in Costa Rica. After the vicious
Last year, a 26-year-old fashion designer stunned the fashion world with a collection of dresses that incorporate computer-assisted designs, executed by 3-D printers, that would be extremely time-consuming, if not impossible, for a human sewer.
This boy didn't have to be from a galaxy far, far away to become the coolest clone trooper around. Daniel Omar, a 16-year
I've seen the future. It looks like a microwave oven, but inside, a small robot arm is zipping away, making things. As I watched this working three-D printer on display at the main in BHV department store in Paris, I remembered seeing my first fax machine in the 1980s.
In a move that seems remarkably well timed, Gibson has returned to the future in The Peripheral, and what he finds there isn't likely to please those hoping for bright, shining visions.
Why read nonfiction? The utilitarian reasons are the ones cited most. We read to understand the fine print of contracts, how to operate the new-fangled gadget we just overpaid for, to make sure we don't get the side effects of a new medication.
For years, biologists and engineers have tried to unravel the mysteries of shark skin -- and to develop a synthetic version