911-health-bill

Videos
Jon Stewart didn't encounter many senators when he was roaming the halls of Capitol Hill, but he found plenty of snacks. He was not entirely pleased
Politics
"Let's schedule a call, and let's schedule a ritual shaming around that time," he said. "I obviously at that point will be
Politics
And along the way, Republicans insisted on watering down the bill, shortening the duration of the funding and even requiring
New York
Lt. Marty Fullam, FDNY veteran and one of the legion of heroes who rushed to the burning wrecks of the World Trade Center when everyone else was running away, has died.
Politics
"It's prorated, based on the amount of claimants and the amount of awards that they're going to get, that we estimate are
New York
Gillibrand credited Stewart in helping pass the Zadroga bill by spending his last show of 2010 entirely on the issue. Jon
New York
The celebration over passage of the bill to support ailing first responders to the 9/11 terror attack isn't quite over. It's time to take note of the winners and the losers.
Politics
Who are we as Americans if we don't take care of our heroes? It's been nine long years since these brave men and women answered the call on 9/11 and I'm so proud that today the US Senate has now answered theirs.
Politics
[Would you like to follow me on Twitter? Because why not? Also, please send tips to tv@huffingtonpost.com -- learn more about
New York
On September 11, 2001 and in the weeks that followed, thousands of Americans reported to the site of the World Trade Center to help in whatever way they could. These heroes did not let us down 9 years ago, but on December 9th, the US Senate let them down.
Politics
The first responders still suffering health effects more than nine years after the Sept. 11 terror attacks could get a "Christmas
Politics
Almost a decade after 9/11 first responders dropped everything to help others, legislation to pay for treatment of the diseases
Politics
Five years later, their calls for justice go unheeded. WATCH: 9-11 Forgotten Heroes : Sierra Club Chronicles from Christopher
Politics
Sen. Sam Brownback (R-Kan.) also said he opposed moving forward on the bill because he wanted to get to tax cuts and the
Politics
"It does not bother me if the Senate and the House were to work a little extra," Huckabee said. "It'd make up for all the
Chicago
Kirk voted to filibuster a procedural motion to start considering the 2011 defense authorization bill, preventing it from
New York
New York bashing is back. The GOP scuttling of the 9/11 health bill suggests it makes sense to sue to get your due. Not the message the trial-lawyer-averse Republicans might have wanted to send, but they sent it.
New York
WASHINGTON - Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) choked up on the Senate floor Monday as she made an impassioned plea for passing
Politics
"We already have things on the calendar," said the Democratic staffer, noting that right now, it doesn't appear as if tax
New York
The 9/11 health bill faces a vote in the Senate. Democratic backers are one Republican vote short of passage.