Weird News
A doctor suspects it came from improperly prepared raw salmon.
Scientists say that they simply "could not believe it."
Weird News
"I didn’t know there was a parasite in my head trying to ruin my life."
A British man was treated for a brain condition of science fiction proportions—the first of its kind ever in the United Kingdom.
There is a report claiming that a Chinese man nearly died when his entire body was taken over by tapeworms after he ate contaminated sashimi, or slices of raw fish.
The new numbers suggest that almost every person living in a developing country is infected with worms, a consequence of the fact that the infective egg or larval stages of these parasites are practically ubiquitous in the soil.
Last year, some friends asked me to come spend a week with them at their new home in Mexico. "There's just one thing," they told me. "We don't have any furniture in the guest room yet, so you'll be on an air mattress. You don't mind, do you?"
Salmon tartare--eye-catching, fun, hip and tasty--has become a popular menu item in many top restaurants. Celebrity chefs