yoga in schools

During my five year tenure as a Special Educator in the New York City public school system, it was very difficult to separate
More than 80 percent of the children I teach are Hispanic, with the remaining 20 percent mostly other minorities. Growing
I hope yoga studios and yoga service nonprofits collaborate more often in joint programming in their communities. We can
Writing, yoga and meditation can only help build a more mindful classroom when it becomes habitual. After 10,000 hours of practice (a la Malcolm Gladwell), we can only imagine their creative potential in leadership.
Walking for Water in California: The State of California is facing one of the worst droughts on record. Kate Bunney will
Through learning breathing practices, yoga postures, deep relaxation, and meditation, this younger generation is experiencing the connection between mind and body at an early age.
Simmons, who released a book titled Success Through Stillness: Meditation Made Simple this week, went on to say other schools
As a mother and as a lawyer, I have to admit, I had serious concerns about yoga in schools. From my own experiences, I could easily place myself in the plaintiff parents' shoes.
Some prefer to think of yoga as simply an exercise composed of challenging physical poses, but it is far more than that if one considers its origins.
That's what two parents are contending in a lawsuit against Encinitas Union School District in California. The parents, represented
It just so happened that the theme for the lesson was interconnectedness. We would spend the time exploring partner poses, designed to build community and interdependence within the class. I told the students that this would be a chance to lighten the load that we'd all been carrying the past few days.
This is an interview with Peg Oliveira, who has taught yoga for years in schools, detention centers, preschools, after-school programs and inpatient and outpatient mental health centers for youth and adults in and around New Haven, Conn.
Yoga is getting a lot of attention lately -- from news of people overdoing it by mistaking it for a competitive sport to objections to its being taught in schools as a means of religious indoctrination.
The program was launched at half of the district’s schools over the last couple months thanks to a $533,000 grant from the